Saturday, July 6, 2013

shared nursery/toddler room

So sorry for my absence. I discovered that once my own nursery was completed and filled with a wee one my interest in inspiration boards waned.

Per Ashley's suggestion, I threw together a board for a shared nursery/toddler bedroom. For this one I envisioned white walls with bold pops of primary colors. This is perfect for any combination of gender in the room and the contrast of the white and primary colors are sure to entertain even the littlest of babes.
{1} Toddler twin bedding
{2} Navy area rug
{3} Red twin loft bed - this is perfect to afford a toddler or older child some privacy and provide a sanctuary in a shared room, especially if the baby is mobile, interactive, etc. I've seen this bed on Zulily for less and hope to perhaps purchase one for Elden a few years from now.
{4} Balloon wall prints
{5} Yellow ceiling light
{6} Red and white crib - note, I would probably DIY this with a cheap, white crib and some non-toxic and durable red paint
{7} Bold crib bedding
{8} Yellow dresser (could use as the toddler's toy chest and bookshelf)
{9} White curtains with tree branch accents
{10} Red and white shelf

If the crib and twin bed colors are too bold for your taste, they would also look very sleek in solid white when paired with the bold bedding.

2 comments:

  1. such cute ideas! I love the white with pops of bold color- I think that's what we're going to do in our playroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In love with those colors! Also, I want that rug for my dining room ;)

    ReplyDelete